Vegas Hits Pokie Review
Vegas Hits is a 5-reel 40-payline online pokie themed around casinos. Having sleek modern graphics and up-to-date features, the game has an elusive retro feel to it because the pokie vendor used a set of some old-styled symbols like sevens or cherries. Most features in the pokie are really unique. Along with usual wilds and scatters, there are two different wheels of fortune, each offering masses of outcomes, from cash to intricate bonus games, wild reels and free spins.
The pokie utilizes a standard 5×3 layout, with the reels set against an abstract dark blue background and searchlights sweeping the sky. On the surface, the pokie looks nothing exceptional. If you make 5 or 10 spins, you would still think of it as just another creation from Bally. But if you persist spinning for over a dozen times, the pokie will unlock its potential and provide one of the most intensive gameplays you have ever seen in a pokie. Another thing to note is that Vegas Hits has no wild symbol in base game but the lack of it will not bother you because numerous features offered in the pokie eke out the lack of wild symbols perfectly.
Symbols and payouts
The bundle of symbols presented in the pokie consists of a white die with blue dots ($125 at the maximum stake), cherries ($150), BAR and Spade ($200), Red Seven ($250), two cards forming a blackjack hand ($500), a roulette wheel ($1000), three reels of a slot machine ($2500) and the Vegas Hits logo with its design inspired by the iconic Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas sign ($5000 at max). Winning combinations are created in a normal way, from left to right, beginning with reel 1 rightward.
The pokie has a fixed number of 40 paylines. There is only one adjustable value that a player may change to increase or reduce a bet size. By altering a line bet in the range between a cent and $5, the player sets a stake at $0.40 to $200 per spin.
Casino chips are special symbols and they occur on the reels regularly. There are four Chip symbols in the game: Green x1, Red x5, Blue x10 and Yellow x25. Every time one of the chips stops in any position, you will get an award equaling your total bet multiplied by a related value printed on that chip. That said, the max prize that a chip may grant you is $5000 if you place the maximum bet.
The feature is unlocked when you get three bonus wheel icons on reels 2, 3 and 4 at a time. Should this happen, you will see a big wheel of fortune divided into 16 sections, each carrying a certain prize. One of the wedges triggers a similar feature known as the Money Wheel, while the 15 remaining wedges activate of the following bonus features:
- 3 free spins with Red Sevens acting as wild. As is said above, the pokie has no wild icons in a non-feature part of the game. In this and some of the following bonuses, a selected regular symbol acts as wild
- 3 free spins with Dice acting as wild
- 3 free spins with Cherries acting as wild
- 3 free spins with BAR Spades acting as wild.
In the bonuses listed below, one or more reels become wild and are then locked in place until free spins end:
- 1 free spin with reels 2, 3 and 4 turned into locked wild
- 1 free spins with reels 1, 3 and 5 turned into locked wild
- 2 free spins (reels 1 and 4 wild)
- 8 free spins (reels 4 and 5 wild)
- 3 free spins (reels 1 and 5 wild)
- 3 free spins (only reel 1 wild).
The remaining bonuses that can be won on the wheel are:
- 3 free spins with only high-paying pictures stacked on the reels
- 1 free spin with the Vegas Hits logo stacked on reels 2, 3 and 4. Since the logo is a jackpot-paying picture, great chances are the spin would end in a big win
- 1 free spin with all symbols evaluated as if they were scatters. This is arguably one of the most alluring bonuses with great winning potential. For example, five logos visible in any position will pay out up to $5000 as if they fell on a payline, and the same refers to other imagery
- 1 free spin with all normal and feature symbols removed, and only casino chips left spinning. As you might remember, casino chips pay out x1 to x25 a total bet, each.
- 5 free spins. On the first spin, reel 5 becomes wild and gets locked. On the second spin, reel 4 becomes wild. As the feature progresses, a wild reel shifts one position leftwards with each subsequent spin, until on the fifth spin it appears on reel 1.
This is a more straightforward bonus, which can be won in two ways: from within the bonus wheel or on hitting Money Wheel symbols on reels 2, 3 and 4 in base game. This wheel contains only cash sections with awards from x20 to x1000 a line bet, so the top prize available here runs up to $5000 at max.
Bottom line on Vegas Hits
Vegas Hits is a feature-packed pokie themed around casinos. The bonuses are concentrated around two kinds of bonus wheels that unlock a huge selection of free spins with a twist or gorgeous cash prizes. This is an offbeat game that stands out from other five-reel pokies and avid gamblers are strongly encouraged to give it a try.